Evraz – Mill Electrical Construction Revamp
Westwood was awarded a multi-phase retrofit of the various mills in Evraz’s Regina Steelmaking Plant. We started this project in July of 2016 with a peak manpower of approximately 90 people. The scope included:
Demolition Works - Removal of existing equipment, wiring, conduit and tray for the Roughing Mill, Steckel Mill, Runout Table Cooling and Upcoiler areas.
Installation Works - Electrical Installation and connection of the Roughing Mill, Steckel Mill, Runout Table Cooling and Upcoiler areas.
Activities included the setting and installation of all owner-supplied electrical equipment including switchgear, panels, transformers and cabinets. Westwood supplied and installed:
- Grounding including all connection points.
- Cable tray and fittings of multiple sizes.
- Over 60,000m of power & control cables.
- Light fixtures, receptacles, and welding receptacles.
- Various equipment including;
- Variable frequency drive cabinets.
- MCC starters.
- Startup and commissioning assistance.
This project included a 21 day – 24hr/day plant shutdown for the Roughing and Steckel Mill change over to the new equipment. As well, the project finished with a 14 day outage for the removal of the existing Upcoiler and the upgrade requirements to the Run-Out Table Cooling Tables.
As always, you can view any or our featured past projects on our Industries & Projects page on our website.